Ethical standards for publication exist to ensure high-quality scientific publications, public trust in scientific findings, and that people receive credit for their ideas. JAMDSR follows the Code of Conduct laid down by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
As defined by the World Association of Medical Editors (2014), "Plagiarism is the use of others published and unpublished ideas or words (or other intellectual property) without attribution or permission, and presenting them as new and original rather than derived from an existing source. Journal is committed to publish only original material, i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is under review elsewhere. Manuscripts that are found to have been plagiarized from a manuscript by other authors, whether published or unpublished, will incur plagiarism sanctions. All the submitted articles are screened to Plagiarism detection software to check the originality of the manuscript.
Duplicate Submission refers to the "practice of submitting the same manuscript to two or more journals at the same time" without informing the journal editor that the manuscript has been submitted elsewhere. If authors have used their own previously published work, or work that is currently under review, as the basis for a submitted manuscript, they are required to cite the previous work and explain how their submitted manuscript is novel contribution beyond those of the previous work.
Submitted manuscripts that are found to include citations whose primary purpose is to increase the number of citations to a given author's work, or to articles published in a particular journal, will incur citation manipulation sanctions.
Citation manipulation or excessive self-citation is more prominent when submitted manuscripts that are found to include citations whose primary purpose is to increase the number of citations to a given author's work, or to articles published in a particular journal, articles that do not contribute to the content.. Citation manipulation is therefore a form of unethical editorial behaviour and must be treated as such.
Submitted manuscripts that are found to have either fabricated or falsified experimental results, including the manipulation of images, will incur data fabrication and falsification sanctions.
Redundant publications involve the inappropriate division of study outcomes into several articles.
Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All listed authors must have made a significant scientific contribution to the research in the manuscript and approved all its claims. It is important to list everyone who made a significant scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians.
In the event that there are documented violations of any of the above mentioned policies in any journal, the following actions can be taken by the journal:
1. Immediate rejection of the manuscript.
2. Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions to journal, either individually or in combination with other authors.
3. Prohibition against all of the authors from serving on the Editorial Board.
4. In cases the violations of the above policies are found to be particularly grievous, the journal reserves the right to impose additional actions beyond those described above.
For admiration of marketing policy and financial inclusions; JAMDSR invite advertising and sponsorship for its organization, web contents and related e-mail services with the following protocols:
1. All the accepted advertisements and profitable or sponsored publications are solely autonomous from editorial board members and their decisions. All the identified advertising and sponsoring agencies must be mandatorily have no understanding of our editorial content, nor do the editorial members have information of advertisers.
2. JAMDSR always reserves the right to reject any type of advertising approach that could turn negative to the market branding of JAMDSR.
3. JAMDSR will never accept any advertising for products that are considered to be harmful (e.g. tobacco) to health.
4. As a token of respecting the marketing policy; we never use to alter/add/delete the publication contents to provide some place to stay advertising.
5. Any advertisements must not be misleading, and should be confirmable. All advertisements must clearly make out the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Overstressed advertisements will not be accepted. Also if they reveal to be offensive or repulsive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
6. Visitors and readers who hit on an advertising banner or link may be reconnected to a site outside and different from JAMDSR to view other information. These hyperlinked websites may or may not be containing harmful stuffs and may also ask visitors for additional data. Visiting the add details in such a way will be solely on visitors risk. JAMDSR is not concerned and strictly out of the business of such sites.
7. Every ad products should be in accordance with the government regulations in the country where the ad will be perceived. Any advertisements for pharmaceutical products that are subject to U.S. Food and Drug Administration oversight must comply with FDA regulations regarding advertising and promotion.
8. JAMDSR reserves the right to withdraw the ad from the journal site at any time if the Editor(s) or Publisher asks for its elimination.
9. The decisions of JAMDSR board will not be pressurized by existing sponsors and advertizing houses, and will not be affected by marketing decisions.
10. In case of any request is to be made from outside JAMDSR then the request should be made to editorial who will respond with a full and final decision within three working days. Information about complaints concerning advertisements will be included in the Advertisements page.
11. All users will be able to distinguish advertising and editorial content clearly on the website and in e-mail alerts. JAMDSR does not endorse any company, product, or service appearing in its advertising. Any update to our Internet advertising policy will be posted immediately to the journal website. JAMDSR does not reveal personally identifiable data on users of our website or e-mail alerts to advertisers. We ensure very careful and strict monitoring on the number of impressions (the number of times the advertisement has been viewed on the website); number and/or percentage of impressions that accounted for a click-through to a different site (click-through rate); percentage of registered vs. nonregistered users who viewed the advertisement; and aggregated demographic data about users who viewed the advertisement. This information will be disclosed in the comprehensive way only for example, "dentists with a specialty of oral pathology accounted for 28 percent of all e-mail alert recipients with this advertisement."
Policy last updated on 1 Aug 2017